QEST announces powerful next generation Ka-Band antenna system
QEST Quantenelektronische Systeme GmbH ("QEST"), one of the leading suppliers of antennas for aeronautical connectivity, today announces a powerful next generation airborne Ka-Band antenna: QEST’s advanced Ka-Band system is designed for maximum data throughput in receive and transmit and combines all benefits of proven mechanically steered airborne antennas with the advantages of a newly introduced receive booster.
The resulting performance of QEST’s advanced antenna system is far superior to any single beam phased array antenna system: It provides full hemispheric coverage down to zero degrees or even negative elevation angles and features a receive figure of merit (G/T) of 18 dB/K in high elevation regions. Based on its proven and reliable high precision mechanical pointing solution, the transmit spectral efficiency exceeds values of existing single beam phased array antennas by a factor of up to 10. This makes QEST’s new Ka-Band system one of the most powerful antennas available in the market and enables an optimized and more cost-efficient utilization of satellite spectrums.
QEST’s advanced antenna system is interoperable with both GEO as well as future NGSO satellite constellations and supports switching between satellite systems. The antenna’s compatibility with current and future satellite service schemes ultimately results in a future-proof investment. Compatibility to legacy radomes, mounting provisions and system architectures warrants easy upgradability from existing mechanically steered antenna systems.
Additional unique and distinguishing features of QEST’s advanced antenna system:
- Supports 2 LRU-only architectures
- Reduces overall weight, system cost and installation expenses
- Simultaneous multi-transponder support over full ITU Ka-Band
- Dual polarization operations for simultaneous multi transponder / multi spot beam reception
- Open software and open architecture design for easy system integration and upgradeability
- Ready for multi-modem architectures
- Proven high reliability design
- Line fit compliance
- Affordable, yielding outstanding value for money